Request: version info on documentation

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

bernie
Junior Coder

Request: version info on documentation

Post by bernie » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:38 pm

A request for Marcus: could you include the proper version info in command ref PDF file? Ditto for the downloaded executable, but that's a different problem: I took your advice [over in the tech/scripting forum] that the command ref had been updatied to reflect the 7.1.15 changes [in particular, in how "macro>" works].. BUT: I was disappointed ot see that the doc still just says that it is the "7.1 documentation" with not a hint anywhere I could find that I had the updated one versus the older one.
[and the datestamp on each page isn't any help at all: it still says may 15, 2001, which is probably the date form the 6.2 docs -- 7.1 hasn't been out that long, has it?]

thanks!
/Bernie\

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:02 am

Bernie,

To obtain the latest most accurate reference with respect to Macro Scheduler, you should rely on the online help (press F1).

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:57 am

Hi,

We have today modified the PDF documentation to show the full version number and the correct date (date modified - today).

http://www.mjtnet.com/command_ref_7.1.pdf
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:58 am

Hi Support,

Thanks for your rapid update of the PDF. Noetheless, I still prefer the online help thanks to seamless integration with Multi-Edit. By highlighting a specific word such as GetActiveWindow, Multi-Edit can instantly access the specific topic in the online help in no time. The context-senstive help feature is a big time-saver for scripting.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:08 am

Context sensitive help is also available in the same way from the built in Macro Scheduler editor, macro builder and command locator. Hit F1 while the cursor is on a command, or line, or a command is highlighted.

The .PDF Command Reference is ideal for those that prefer a printed manual.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

bernie
Junior Coder

Post by bernie » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:20 pm

Thanks for updating the manual!! As a note part-explanation, The F1- stuff is great if you have a macro that you don't understand, but I very rarely do -- when I need "Help" is when I am writing something new [and so there's nothing there to select-and-hit-F1 with], and I'm just an old-fashioned "hardcopy" kind of guy...

Mostly I have a hard time with online help, because it gets in the way of what I"m doing: switching back-and-forth, back-and-forth between the 'help' page and the editor [or other app] I'm using is too much of a hassle for me. maybe if I had a larger monitor so that I could have the help up and not have it obscure the window of whatever-it-is I was working on I'd be happier about using it. [e.g., in msched, I've had so much trouble getting syntax just-right and the names of vbls-just right that I resort to copying and pasting the entire HELP page entry into my editor --- at least I can then see both the info and my edit-in-progess at once. Basically, old habits die hard, so I appreciate their "fixing up" the hardcopy manual...
/Bernie\