Q about search on this forum

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Q about search on this forum

Post by Me_again » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:51 pm

Not sure where to post this...

Most of the time I'm stuck with using IE. Using IE if I use search on this forum and get multiple results, select one, and then use the back button to get back to the result listing I get "Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button. " and then have to go through the whole refresh thing to get back to the results list - a real pain searching a lot of results.

I don't think it's a browser issue, I have tried it on many different IE installs with the same result. I use other phpBB 2.0.11 forums and they don't work the same way so I guess it's a set up issue. Is there a reason, or can it be changed?

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:36 pm

Me_again,

Sorry you're stuck with IE. I use Firefox and it does not do what you just described. I did perform a search in Internet Explorer and had the same problem that you've experienced. One solution would be to right click on the search result and open it in a new window. This leaves the search results available in the previous window.

At home I often do this anyway because I am stuck with a dial-up connection there and if I open in a new window don't have to wait for the previous screen to refresh.

Hope this was helpful,
Dick

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:43 pm

Mozilla Tabbed browsing allows many "windows" open to jump back and forth, cut/paste, no waiting.......Leave the Search results open, open result link in another tab/another window, same as Firefox(from Mozilla)..

But even if staying in same window as Search Results, going to result, and then using Back, does return to Search Results with no problem.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Me_again
Automation Wizard

Post by Me_again » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:19 pm

Yes, I know it's good in FF.

Thanks for the right click tip, that's a good solution.