Help us to help you ...

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Ernest

Help us to help you ...

Post by Ernest » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:54 am

Hi @ all,
would you appreciate if all (registered) users of this forum would/could provide by default basic informations (shown with the minimized profile at your posting) :?:

Used OS: ...
Used MSched Version: ...
VBScript User: Yes/No
UserLevel: Begin./Stand./Prof.

Would prevent us from bothering our "customers" with "useless" solutions. :!:

A less comfortable (temp.?) way would be to add this usefull info at the Interests:-option in you profile.

e.g. Interests: OS:WNT/MSched:6.0/VBScript:NO/UserLevel:Stand.

What do you think ? :)
Ernest

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:16 am

1. Please define "our customers." Does it mean Ernest's customers?
2. How useless is a useless solution?
Please elaborate. Thanks.

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:54 am

Hi Armstrong,
Hmmm, a question instead of an answer :shock:
Our customers like "our" forum!
Maybe I'm using that term to often for those who need support (cause I'm forced by my employer to work "customer focused" :wink: ).

Useless to provide a VBScript to someone who uses a non VBMsched release (the older ones) or a beginner. If you able to develop in VBS you're able to work with MSched from scratch. Isn't it ?

BTW: Can I get your opinion about the original subject :)

Rgds,
Ernest

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:29 pm

Hi Ernest,

Are you located in Germany?

IMHO, without VBscript extension, the power of Macro Scheduler is vastly limited. As simple as comparing Greater than or Equal to or making mulitple decision:

If comparision1=TRUE then
elseif comparison2=TRUE then
elseif comparison3=TRUE then
end if

With the VBScript extension, we are not only taking advantage of all the functions, language construct, regular expression, method and properties of VBscript, but also the external .dll developed by the 3rd parties. Indeed, only imagination is our limit, so to speak.

Macro Scheduler will render scripting hellishly misable without the VBscript extension. Definitely I will strongly recommand my customers to purchase Macro Scheduler with VBScript. From the ecnomy standpoint, it doesn't make any sense to save a few bucks but waste enormous number of hours of scripting whch can be acomplished by VBscript in minutes.

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:03 pm

Armstrong,
Ja, wenn du m&oumlchtest kannst du mir auf Deutsch antworten!
Yes, I'm a German (but my parents are to blame).

Well, do you think it would be useful to know about the system requirements of the one who posts an issue ?

YES or NO :?:

I'm still interested about your (and those of others) opinion on that subject :!:

Ernest

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:32 pm

Being a German, you know well Germans cherish privacy more than any other peoples on the planet.

Revelation of hardware and OS spec should be on voluntary basis. We're no big brother. Treating customers in Microsoft way isn't my cup of tea. Let's worry about the techniques and skills of applying Macro Scheduler. The rest hardly matters to my mind. Just my two cents.

Ernest

Post by Ernest » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:50 pm

Armstrong,
you're definitely right. Good point.
Fully agreed.

Ernest

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:32 am

Ernest,

Thanks for your kind word. Sincerely look forward to learning more scripting techniques from you.