trojan virus in the dl

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

trojan virus in the dl

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:41 pm

ok i just downloaded the macro scheduler and for some reason my virus scaner picked up a trojan virus in the macro scheduler anyone else got this problem or is it just me.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:33 am

Hi,

1. What was the virus reported?
2. Which virus scanner are you using?
3. How up to date are your virus definition files?

Some years ago a few of the virus checkers complained about our method of EXE compression. Just because they couldn't understand it they thought it might be a virus. We soon put the virus makers right and they fixed it. So if you have very out of date virus defnition files it could be this problem.

I can assure you that our systems are routinely scanned and we don't publish files that contain viruses.

But let us know the answers to the above questions and we'll check it out. I expect you just need to update your virus checker's database.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:15 am

Hi Guest,

Just to be sure, I scan my copy of Macro Scheduler with Noroton Antivirus 2002, and the result is definitely negative. Your vague virus alarm may unnecessarily cause concerns to other Macro Scheduler users. Just like dialing 911, people should always report virus attacks as long as the reports include sufficient and necessary details.

Thanks for your understanding.

Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong

armsys
Automation Wizard

Post by armsys » Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:47 am

Hi Guest,

FYI, I just download the latest version (v7.1.13) and scan both the zip and individual files with Norton Antivirus. No virus of any kinds can be detected.

Please keep us posted about your virus report in connection to Macro Scheduler. Thanks.

Regards,
Armstrong Wong
Hong Kong