Another Permissions Error

General Macro Scheduler discussion

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

fightcancer
Macro Veteran

Another Permissions Error

Post by fightcancer » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:18 pm

When I use the hotkey to start a macro I get the error, "Hotkey script is in use - cannot run"

So I can't use hotkey to start the macro. However, I can immediately run the macro from the MS15 window with Ctrl + R, or by clicking Run.

I can't open or edit the macro in question through MS15. I get the error, 'Cannot open file "[path]" The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'

I can't even rename the macro through Windows Explorer.

So I can run a macro through MS15, but not with the shortcut key, and I can't edit it in MS15.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Another Permissions Error

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:40 am

What happens after a full restart and using a different hot key, such as ctrl + alt + r. Ctrl r is likely used by something else.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

fightcancer
Macro Veteran

Post by fightcancer » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:07 pm

Marcus Tettmar wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:40 am
What happens after a full restart and using a different hot key, such as ctrl + alt + r. Ctrl r is likely used by something else.
No change after a restart.

I don't know how to use a different hotkey without opening the macro in MS15, and I can't open or edit the macro in question through MS15. I get the error, 'Cannot open file "[path]" The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'

Ctrl + R works to run the macro when focus is on MS15. That's the only way I can run the macro.

EDIT: days later after several restarts I can use the hotkey to run the macro and I can edit it.

Jiyahana

Post by Jiyahana » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:37 am

Try closing other applications or restarting your system. If problem again comes then check the file permission for the macro in windows explorer.