Stand Alone Script Editor

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Stand Alone Script Editor

Post by PepsiHog » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Hello All,

I always use the stand alone script editor when I am working on a macro. This post applies to the stand alone script editor.

I have no use for double clicking on a macro script file to have it run. I run my macros in the stand alone editor or I compile them and run the exe file.

To that end, I wrote this extremely simplistic macro. It allows me to double click a macro .scp file, and the script file will open in an instance of the stand alone editor.

I thought some of you may like the same, so here it is. Plus instructions.

Code: Select all

let>cLine=%Command_Line%

RegEx>".*" (".*"),cLine,0,match,nom,1,$1,MacroFile

RunProgram>C:\Program Files (x86)\Macro Scheduler 14\msched.exe -EDITOR %MacroFile%
I compiled it as msched_mod.exe and placed the exe in the Macro Scheduler 14 program folder.

1) Once you do that you'll need to right click a script (.scp) file and click "Open with".
2) Then select "Choose Default Program".
3) Then select "Browse" and make your way to msched_mod.exe(....or whatever you called it.)
4) Double click the file. Then click "OK"

That's it. Now when you double click a script file it will open in the stand alone editor.

I realize this is basic and all, but some may not know how to do it.

Enjoy.
PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Re: Stand Alone Script Editor

Post by Grovkillen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 am

Nice and clever! Should be possible by default in my book but this will do until then. Thanks for sharing.
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Post by PepsiHog » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:03 pm

@Grovkillen,

What book? What are you referring to? Are you saying you should be able to do it without the script? If so, I agree. But, and I don't admit this easily, I have no bloody idea how.

But with the script, you must ask yourself, why bother?

I think you just wanted me to ask, "What book?" so you can tell us all about it. Well, I asked. You're up.

PepsiHog

btw - Forgot to say, "I'm running Windows 7." Oops.
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Post by Grovkillen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:44 am

Yep, you're spot on. :D
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Post by PepsiHog » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:42 pm

@Grovkillen,
LOL! I just re-read your post and realized I read it wrong before! I agree. This option should be available by default. :lol: (I have the same book.)

PepsiHog

I did not realize how funny my last post really was, til now.
Windows 7