Macro scheduler error

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

MackAus

Macro scheduler error

Post by MackAus » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am

Hi
i have been using Macro scheduler for the last 30 days and written about 5000 lines in script.
I just started the macro Scheduler and i get this message and my script is gone.

I tried reinstalling it still does exactly the same.

"The Macro Folder specified in the Registry does not exist .
please recreate or choose new one"

i haven't done anything other than run up the macroscheduler from desktop

hope i haven't lost everything

Please help

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Re: Macro scheduler error

Post by CyberCitizen » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:12 pm

That is strange you haven't moved your installation directory at all or deleted files under your documents profile path?

Do a search on your machine for *.scp or *.fol.

These should be your script files. I have done this before by moving my install folder as well as my script directory under My Documents.

I would start by searching for those files first and see what you find, if you find any back them up first, then attempt a re-install and import your scripts again.
FIREFIGHTER

MackAus

Post by MackAus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:22 am

Thanks for the reply. I did not find any of these file extension names.
i used the a lot of image wizard which created the .bmp i tried searching for them and found them under its properties in the macro scheduler directory. But when i go to the folder its empty and windows gives a error that the link associated with this does not exist. But when i do a search the full hard drive there's no other file like it. i went through all the bmp thumbnails and the ones I captured are all missing.
I checked the recycle folder and it does not exist there also.

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 am

I have been caught out with a script deleting them by accident, it was a bug I found with creating a blank macro eg no name when MS crashed and when I deletes the macro I told it to delete the bmp directory but it deleted everything scripts and all, this was fixed I believe but I always back my scripts up just incase. What version of MS are you running? Have you tried right clicking on the folder and checking for previous versions?
FIREFIGHTER

MackAus

Post by MackAus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:58 am

im running windows 7 64 bit and it seems like what you posted last is whats happened.
this is my first time using this program and used the save option in macro scheduler tinking my script was safe. seems i will have to copy and save it in another format to avoid this happening again.