Scripting for Iframes Using VBScript

Example scripts and tips (replaces Old Scripts & Tips archive)

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL, Phil Pendlebury

wood.john.david

Scripting for Iframes Using VBScript

Post by wood.john.david » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Attached are some routines I have put together (with much help from other forum entries) to deal with scripting sites which make heavy use of Iframes. Since I have used VBScript, these routines are obviously limited to use with IE. Also, they could use some cleanup work to make them tighter and more consistent.

There are two sets of existing Macro Scheduler routines for dealing with IE.

1. The first set, found in the FTP/HTTP/Telnet grouping (e.g. IEGetTagsByAttrib) have some useful functionality but do not provide a mechanism for dealing with frames.

2. The second and primary IE set of functions are the WebRecorder ones (e.g. IEExtractTagByAttrib). These ones do provide the ability to reference a specific frame, but are not as flexible as the first set above in dealing with situations where there are multiple tags with duplicate attribute values.

The routines attached attempt to deal with those situations. There are the VBScript routines and then Macro Scheduler wrappers for them. I am sending them along in case they would be of any value to others facing iframe issues.

Meryl
Staff

Re: Scripting for Iframes Using VBScript

Post by Meryl » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks for sharing!

DavePascoe

Post by DavePascoe » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:56 am

This is fantastic! Extremely helpful! Can you tell me how to click on an element (like a button or icon) within an iFrame using VBScript?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:17 am

That's really useful, thank you.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?