Export Macro To .apk For Mobile Device Automation

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

MadQuestion
Pro Scripter

Export Macro To .apk For Mobile Device Automation

Post by MadQuestion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:40 am

Hey, Just thought I would suggest a likely well sought after feature. I understand that MS can compile windows exe files, but with the high rise of mobile apps being developed and used for various tasks, it stands to reason that mobile device use is on the rise also, so automating tasks on mobile devices would be a great asset to this software, compiling different file formats such as .apk would be a outstanding feature if it was there but sadly it is not and I have had to source other software to automate tasks on mobile devices. Would it be a difficult task to have this feature added to MS? I understand that this may require serious work but I think the benefits of such a feature out weigh the cost of developing it. Hopefully this thread becomes popular enough to force developers into thinking about adding this as a feature in the future. If you want to see this kind of feature have your say in the comments below, or if you know of a way to automate tasks on mobile devices using MS please do tell..... I have found no way to do it, exe to apk converters are all fakes so thats not an option..... I have also tried using PC windows emulators on the mobile device and then running the exe from there but still there are issues as most emulators running windows on a android device only open the app designed for windows and there may be code within my script that a mobile device can not understand and therefore the app will fail. Apart from going and developing an app specifically for android mobile I see no way to run macros on my mobile devices... Maybe this post will be seen by someone with a little more know how than me on this subject.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Export Macro To .apk For Mobile Device Automation

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:55 pm

An APK file is an archive which contains code compiled for different platforms and resource files needed. Since Macro Scheduler is a Windows desktop automation tool, and is dependent on Windows desktop APIs in order to do that, and Macro Scheduler has never had the ability to run on or automate Android anyway, there is really no way it will ever be able to compile to something that would run on Android. It frankly makes no sense at all. We have no plans to support Android at this time and right now I don't even know if Android supports the ability to simulate user input or even run multiple UI processes at once.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

MadQuestion
Pro Scripter

Post by MadQuestion » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:19 pm

I understand MS is windows based Marcus (No .dmg For installation) and I understand that it controls windows applications, but just think of what an automation software could do that worked across many different platforms. Like is it actually necessary to not have these kinds of features built in from the very start? Features where MS is not only dependant on windows based API? As a business I would think not having the multi plaform to work with is like ignoring an existing market of users for revenue. I understand you have no future plans to have this kind of feature so no need to reply, but thanks for the reply anyways. I think I will just stick to using Unity's Game engine to create some of my mobile applications. It exports into all type of file types, exe, apk, dmg and many others.

MadQuestion
Pro Scripter

Post by MadQuestion » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm

I had only create the original post because I currently was scripting an application to control what happened inside the android emulator windows running on my windows based PC and would of liked to see a feature where I could put the mouse control application with image recognition software right onto the android devices and not have to use emulators running on a windows system. If MS had of exported to .apk this would of been a great help in my situation. So I thought of suggesting this feature as an enhancement.