After reading forum post read bitmap directly from exe and finding out that it is being considered...
...I realized that an enhancement I had suggested a while ago (and which has not received much lovin so far) is similar... and that in general:Marcus Tettmar about above post wrote:It is already on the wishlist.
- since we can embed a file inside a compiled MS script...
- ...it would be advantageous for us to be able to "use" that embedded file data without having to go through the step of first converting the embedded file data back into an actual "file"
- security - users would not be able to "see" the files and manually listen to them as that might be inappropriate for a particular user in a given situation
- prevent tampering - users would not be able to manually delete or alter wav files used internally by an MS script
- EASE OF DEPLOYING new/altered WAV files for users - I have a TWO WEEK waiting period for any pushes to client machines inside the company. This would ELIMINATE that for me
Do you support this request in particular?
- An enhanced PlayWav> command that can play a WAV directly from embedded script data
Do you support this request "in general" i.e....
- In all commands where we currently make use of a file, if we can embed the file in the script... it would be advantageous for us to be able to "use" that embedded file data without having to go through the step of first converting the embedded file data back into an actual "file"
If you support this idea, either in particular or in general, please jump in and say a few words.
My original request is below... Thanks and take care
Opened by jpuziano
Project Macro Scheduler 14Â·Opener jpuzianoÂ·Priority NormalÂ·Hi Marcus,
I know you said only bug fixes going forward but I wanted to bounce this idea off you asap so I am adding it here.
Embedding image data in a dialog is fantastic as it eliminates the hassle of pushing image files to directories on the user's PC when they use my compiled MS apps.
That feature is even better now that my compiled apps retrieve script lines from a file I maintain on an internal company webserver. I use HTMLRequest to pull updated script lines on startup daily and IncludeFromVar to run the new lines. This means I can change images as often as I like and image file distribution is a NON-ISSUE for me.
However I still have file distribution issues with wav files. As our company moves from XP to Win 7, tighter rules mean I cannot easily write updated wav files (or any files) into a subdir under Program Files on a userâ€™s machine. That is where I am supposed to put files for an app however it now requires Admin rights and a re-install every time so its a hassle.
Would it be possible to get an enhancement that would allow us to embed wav file data into a dialog and somehow point the PlayWav command at that data?
If a dialog does not seem like the right place to store wav file data, hereâ€™s another thought. We can already use â€œTools/Import Binary Fileâ€