Macro Import Thoughts

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

Macro Import Thoughts

Post by JRL » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:03 pm

I was just using "File > Import Macros..." and hit the enter key undesirably importing 23 macros. I was in a group that has about 50 scripts. hitting the enter key imported all 23 scripts into the group making a mess I needed to clean up.

I was about to close Macro Scheduler and retrieve from a backup (complicated slightly because I've done some scripting today) when I noticed that the imported files all had a "1" at the end of the script name. I was able to identify all of the imported scripts since they were all duplicates of scripts I have in other groups.

One enhancement suggestion would be to more clearly rename the imported duplicate scripts. I think a rename like "Get Work Order Lead Times (copy 1)" is more identifiable than "Get Work Order Lead Times1".

A second suggestion would be to not import on pressing enter. I typed in a path and pressed enter. The path changed properly then imported all the scripts from the path location. On re-examination I see that the scripts available for import change dynamically as you type a path in the location field. Very convenient but unexpected. Thus, when I pressed enter expecting to change the path I was actually importing all of the scripts.

Another thought would be to not automatically highlight all of the scripts when a path is reached. Typically I'm not going to import all, likely only planning to import one.

Thanks for listening,
Dick

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:03 am

I Must Admit I Have Been Caught Out With Macro Backups / Importing Previously, However Have Taken To Backing Them Up Manually With The Groups / Macro.dats & editing the INI file manually just to be safe. Because I make my install portable I find it the safest way to ensure they copy across correctly.
FIREFIGHTER