Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Randall
Junior Coder

3 improvements

Post by Randall » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm

In the NumericFunctions section, please add
Mul> (for multiplication)
Div> (for truncated division)

Whenever the Macro Editor is called from the Main Macro Scheduler screen, it always opens in a small box to the right side of the SCREEN

It would be nice to have some defaults so that the screen size and position could be set up on the initial painting of the editor window.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 pm

For DIV:

Let>answer={3 div 4}

Let>answer={%x% div %y%}

for multiplication just do:

Let>answer=3*4

The editor size and position are stored when you change them. So next time you open up the editor it opens up in the position, size and layout you last used it. If this is not the case make sure you have the latest release. An early 13.x release had a small bug that stored the editor layout settings in the Macro Scheduler 12 registry hive. Maybe you have an earlier version. Update to 13.0.06 and you should find the editor opens in the saved position.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Randall
Junior Coder

rationale

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 am

Marcus:

I was simply trying to orthogonalize the NumericFunctions, so that multiplication and division were available. I am aware of doing them inside the assignment statement and my macros use this construction.

As to the editor re-opening up, perhaps I do have a buggy version of MSched, so I will find the latest and reinstall.

Thanks

- Randall

Randall
Junior Coder

One more enhancement request

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 am

Can we have a DOS shell available? It would be added to the RunPrograms, Execute Files commands

CMD>{put shell command in here}

That way we have full functionality of the Windows Script commands themselves.

I tried the "Start /DC:\myfolder myprogram.exe" command, which is perfectly legitimate under CMD in Windows XP, but this won't run on MSched currently.

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 am

Code: Select all

RunProgram>cmd /c Start /DC:\myfolder myprogram.exe

Randall
Junior Coder

thanks and one small request

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 am

Thank you, can this tip get added to the documentation? Shell commands are run alot, and it would have helped to have had an example instead of poking around for a few hours trying experiments.

Appreciate this.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi,

CMD is an executable like all others. In Macro Scheduler you run executables and applications using RunProgram.

In Windows you run executables either via their shortcut (if one exists) or by using Start/Run. E.g. you'd then type cmd.exe

There's no "Notepad>" function in Macro Scheduler. You use Run>notepad.exe

So there's no CMD> function either as you use Run>cmd.exe

CMD's start runs another program and the /D parameter specifies the path.

So you're starting CMD.exe to run Start which then runs myprogram.exe

The usual approach in Macro Scheduler is just to run myprogram.exe directly and avoid the middle-men:

Run>c:\myfolder\myprogram.exe

According to the help the /D parameter is equivalent to changing directory to that path first. So the complete equivalent is:

ChangeDirectory>c:\myfolder\
Run>myprogram.exe

So you see the reason there is no "DOS shell" available in Macro Scheduler is that there is no need for one. CMD isn't DOS anyway. Almost all apps and commands can be run directly from within Macro Scheduler as they can from Windows. Where you DO need to run a CMD command then run it via CMD which is precisely what you'd do from Windows anyway.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?