[Done] Dialog Designer Create AddDialogHandler>

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

[Done] Dialog Designer Create AddDialogHandler>

Post by JRL » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 am

I would like a way to create AddDialogHandler> and SetDialogProperties> lines from the Dialog Designer. I kind of picture it as:

Right clicking on an object property line pops open the menu. Two new items have been added, one for AddDialogHandler> and one for SetDialogProperties>. Click on AddDialogHandler> then choose from a list of object event names. After that choice is complete a list of currently created subroutines could appear or choose "None" to type in a name that does not yet exist. Or, click on SetDialogProperties> and a field would appear to type in the desired value for the selected property item.

The lines of code could be written directly to the script immediately following the EndDialog block marker of the selected dialog. They would likely paste in when the dialog changes are written.

Hope this makes sense.
Dick

[Resolved]
Thanks Marcus.
In Dialog Designer, right clicking on an object produces a menu that has "List Event Names" as the fourth item. Clicking that produces a list of the events associated with this particular object. Left click to highlight an item in the list then right click the highlighted item (yes you must do both clicks) a box will appear that says: "Create Handler Call". Pick on that and the appropriate AddDialogHandler> line will be copied to the clipboard. Something like this:

AddDialogHandler>Dialog1,MSRadioGroup1,OnClick,SUBROUTINE_NAME

All you then need to do is replace the text SUBROUTINE_NAME with the desired subroutine name.

olllllliii
Pro Scripter

Re: [Done] Dialog Designer Create AddDialogHandler>

Post by olllllliii » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:13 am

JRL wrote:I would like a way to create AddDialogHandler> and SetDialogProperties> lines from the Dialog Designer. I kind of picture it as:
Right clicking on an object property line pops open the menu. Two new items have been added, one for AddDialogHandler> and one for SetDialogProperties>. Click on AddDialogHandler> then choose from a list of object event names. After that choice is complete a list of currently created subroutines could appear or choose "None" to type in a name that does not yet exist. Or, click on SetDialogProperties> and a field would appear to type in the desired value for the selected property item.
Yes this is exactly what i mean !! Sorry for my English ...hehe ...
SetDialogProperty could work that way too.
I think its easy to use ..and faster to create ...

1st u can choose the Dialog1 to x ...
Then MS can read all Objects in it ....for the list of objects ..
if u choose an object you will get the list of Events....
then you only have to type in the subroutine for that ...
The lines of code could be written directly to the script immediately following the EndDialog block marker of the selected dialog. They would likely paste in when the dialog changes are written.

Hope this makes sense.
Dick
This makes sense . i am sure :-)

[Resolved]
Thanks Marcus.
In Dialog Designer, right clicking on an object produces a menu that has "List Event Names" as the fourth item. Clicking that produces a list of the events associated with this particular object. Left click to highlight an item in the list then right click the highlighted item (yes you must do both clicks) a box will appear that says: "Create Handler Call". Pick on that and the appropriate AddDialogHandler> line will be copied to the clipboard. Something like this:

AddDialogHandler>Dialog1,MSRadioGroup1,OnClick,SUBROUTINE_NAME

All you then need to do is replace the text SUBROUTINE_NAME with the desired subroutine name.
Oliver Hilger Mannheim
alias Olllllliii

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Oliver, Thanks for your input. Your English is good, no need to worry.

The "Create Handler Call" option has been available since the beginning of v12 (more than a year prior to the start of this thread.). It was just tricky to use prior to v14 partly because it puts the dialog handler line in the clipboard and dialog designer used to use the clipboard. That made it easier to lose the auto-generated dialog handler line than it was to use it. Now, the version 14 dialog designer no longer uses the clipboard so the "Create Handler Call" option is easier to use.

I'd still like to have some method to generate a SetDialogProperties> line. Maybe a method already exists and I just haven't found it?