[Resolved] Identify a Bookmark

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

[Resolved] Identify a Bookmark

Post by JRL » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Is there currently any way to identify an editor bookmark?

Working on a script that hasn't been visited for months and it already has 12 bookmarks. Also working at a point where an old bookmark already exists but don't know which one it is. Right click on the line that contains the bookmark and the ensuing menu contains a "Delete Bookmark" item. So the menu somehow knows the line is bookmarked. Would there be any way to also make the menu display the bookmark name if the line that is right clicked has a bookmark?

As is, I deleted the bookmark and then made one with a new name. Which works but I'm kind of also thinking in terms of If I was working with someone else's script, I might not want to delete their bookmark. Of course I could just write down the line number... but then we could always do that and there'd be no real need for bookmarks. But I'm spoiled, I like bookmarks.

Thanks for listening,
Dick

Found it!

In the editor, in the list just left of the code where the line numbers appear, there is an icon made up of a small red circle containing a green check mark that replaces the line number in any line that contains a bookmark. Hovering the mouse over that icon displays the name assigned to that bookmark.

It was always there, just took a little searching to find it.