Snippet Storage

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Snippet Storage

Post by kpassaur » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:10 pm

How do you set the storage path for Snippets? I have ver 11 and upgraded to 12. My scripts are stored on a server and it appears to be using the snippets folder (ver 11) that is where my scripts are stored.

Now where it gets confusing for me is on ver 12 it is on a different PC but still pointing to the server for macros. The snippets here are different. Still mine but much older. It makes no sense to me and I am at a loss as the snippets are just a text file so it it not easy to figure out what they are.

So, I guess the real question is:

How to I find the path my snippets are using in Ver 11, and how do I set ver 12 to use the same ones? If it is more than setting a path such as moving an ini file etc. which one(s) need to be moved and how can I use the same for ver and 11 and 12.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 am

Snippets are stored in subfolder called Snippets beneath the default macro location.

To determine what is the default macro location either go Tools/Options - Change Macro/Group Settings Path and then look at the "Existing Path" field, or look in the registry at HKCU\Software\MJTNET\MSched12 - DataDir

Or, unless you have changed it at some point, look at the path for the General macro group under group properties.

It is usually My Documents\Macro Scheduler 12 - or at least will be by default after a default install. But you may have changed it and you may have used the "Change Macro/Group Settings Path" to point Macro Scheduler 12 at your v11 setup.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?