Issue With Compile Parameters

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

Issue With Compile Parameters

Post by JRL » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Yesterday a coworker's computer was erring on compile. Turns out he had compiled the same script multiple times and he was selecting the "No System tray" and "Run Hidden" check boxes each time. When you compile in version 11, the compile parameters are saved as the first line of your script. If you keep selecting parameter check boxes on multiple compiles, the parameter list in the first line keeps getting appended with multiple duplicate parameter specifications. Eventually some buffer reaches critical mass and compiling explodes.... er... at least it stops functioning.

I know from experience that if you compile once, the next compile will display your previous compile parameters in an edit box. As long as those are the parameters you want, there is no need to check any boxes. this is very convenient.

It would be just as convenient if instead of listing the previously selected parameters in an edit box, the appropriate check boxes displayed already checked. The edit box would then be unneeded in my view. I think this would be less confusing

jpuziano
Automation Wizard

Post by jpuziano » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:48 am

Good catch JRL... at a minimum, it should not be appending duplicate compile parameters to that first line.

What's your view on it Marcus?
jpuziano

Note: If anyone else on the planet would find the following useful...
[Open] PlayWav command that plays from embedded script data
...then please add your thoughts/support at the above post - :-)