Feature Request

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

mmcbrien

Feature Request

Post by mmcbrien » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:31 pm

I have been reading and thinking about FIP and how to make it more reliable in my situation. Tranparencys on certail objects and backgrounds cause issue or its not reliable enough.

I would like to have a specific color that can be keyed out to ignore when using FIP, similar to how green screens work. What ever color is chosen as the key color would be ignored in the needle image when searching the haystack.

If this doesn't make sense I can elaborate more, thanks!

mmcbrien

Post by mmcbrien » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Any input on this?

I am curious if anyone else beside me would have a use for this feature, it seems like it should be a similar feature to the transparency when using images in dialogs, like the bottom left pixel is the transparent color.

I am think that the feature would be similar in implementation in the code and I would love a ALLOW_TRANSPARENCY=1 varabile to throw in with the already fantastic FIP feature.

gdyvig
Automation Wizard

Transparency to mask unpredictable background pixels

Post by gdyvig » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 pm

We would find it helpful. Without it we need to devise various workarounds such as high color tolerance leading to false finds or complicated subroutines that are fun to write.

This would be useful when the needle image can be found anywhere on a unpredictable background such as a gradient or a picture. It gets especially tricky if icon captured in the needle image has holes in it where the background shows through.

Gale