Issue with Include and Vista

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

image include

Post by kpassaur » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 pm

I went back to just specifing a file for the background image. It is the same background and if I use include or import it, the total size of the scripts related to this project increases by 15 meg. I find that to be a huge size to just have while and a miniture logo.

For me, what I want is ease of use and standardization. I can use the same backgound on all Dialogs I have made it huge and Top left aligned so it just cuts off the unused portion and works in Visa and XP.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 pm

15 meg for a white image!!?? What on earth did you make it with? I just created a 1280x1024 white bmp in Paint. It comes to 161k. An exe containing it comes to just over 1 meg.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

image size

Post by kpassaur » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Mine is 992 and is 563 X 600 which is bigger than any menu. I will create it in a different application and see what I get.

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

image size

Post by kpassaur » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Okay, found the difference, mine was 24 bit color as it had the logo. I can just make the logo a separate image and place it on top of a one bit color image.

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Image Results

Post by kpassaur » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:43 pm

This is how mine worked out

Compiled file size 669 KB - no images

Compiled With "Include>" 2886 KB

Include Script Size 659 KB

Inclued Script includes two images only

Image Size 1, white backgound 161 KB - one bit color
Image Size 2, Logo 4 KB - 24 bit color

So, 165 KB of images included increased compiled file size by 2217 KB

It is not really important, I will just point to the image. If I know how it works I can make the best decision for me.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Build 11.0.31 has the sneaky addition of a function called SetDialogObjectColor.

Of course it won't be documented in the printed versions of the help files - it's too late. I probably shouldn't have added it. But we aim to please.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

jpuziano
Automation Wizard

Post by jpuziano » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:41 pm

mtettmar wrote:Build 11.0.31 has the sneaky addition of a function called SetDialogObjectColor.

Of course it won't be documented in the printed versions of the help files - it's too late. I probably shouldn't have added it. But we aim to please.
Thanks for adding it now Marcus. The printed documentation will catch up on the next update cycle... I'm sure users expect the latest and greatest info to be in the Help File that comes with each release... and its in there.

I bet kpassaur is happy too... as well as all users with dialog scripts where they were using extra image files to set background colors... this will make those compiled macros quite a bit smaller.

A nice little extra... just in time for Christmas... thanks again and take care.
jpuziano

Note: If anyone else on the planet would find the following useful...
[Open] PlayWav command that plays from embedded script data
...then please add your thoughts/support at the above post - :-)