Need a borderless Dialog window

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Need a borderless Dialog window

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:14 am

I have a modal Dialog that needed a progress bar in the middle. I could not seem to make an active Progress Bar while waiting to press a button.

So my solution right now is to make a second Dialog Window and it only has a progress bar in it. I have set the Title bar utility values to 0 to eliminate the resizing boxes and the Close "X". Then I positioned this Progress Dialog on top of the original Dialog box, and Close it when it has finished its cycles.

But the box is ugly, too big and too much frame when all it is doing is holding a simple progress bar. It is functional but looks unprofessional. A Dialog Window with no Frame/Border would be ideal here.

So I am asking if it might be possible to have some options on Dialog Window frame sizes like is available in Access? They offer four Border Styles that are good examples: None/Thin/Sizable/Dialog.

Thanks for listening.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:08 am

I just found this example of different borders for Dialogs: http://www.mjtnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1759

Will have to check that out this weekend. It's only been around for 2.5 years, don't know why I did not remember it! Thanks Marcus.
Last edited by Bob Hansen on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

gdyvig
Automation Wizard

borderless dialogs to help image recognition and OCR

Post by gdyvig » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 am

Hi Bob,

A possible use for borderless dialogs besides cosmetics.

One of the problems I occasionally have with MODI OCR is nearby graphics that confuse it. The graphics cannot be avoided because MODI requires a border of several pixels around the text. A simple solution would be to position a borderless dialog with the same background color next to the text to cover the graphics. For this to work it would also be necessary to not display the dialog title bar. There might be other ways to make dialogs that mask the area around the text with gdi32, but I've just started looking into it.

Gale