MouseMoveRel

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JRL
Automation Wizard

MouseMoveRel

Post by JRL » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:03 pm

Good Morning,

Could MouseMoveRel have an option to name the window you want the mouse to be moving relative to, built within the command? Something like:

MouseMoveRel
>X,Y[,WindowName]

It would be a plus if this could be done such that the window named within the command is not necessarily the focused window.

Thanks for listening,
Dick

SuitedAces
Pro Scripter

Post by SuitedAces » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:48 am

They you go , here is another person with use for relative coordinates.

Unlike some other enhancements this one is well within reason to accomplish and has very common use.

Admittedly it doesn't achieve anything epic but it is practical and useful.

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

MouseMoveRel and Focused Window

Post by kpassaur » Tue May 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Unless I am doing something wrong which maybe the case, when I use mousemoverel when writing a script and testing it the window that has the focus is MS.

I make sure the Window is open with WaitWindowOpen I set the focus to the Window and it moves the mouse to the positon in MS.

This sure would be nice as well as a default direcory for icons instead of having to browse to it all the time. And perhaps when you go to save a new script and enter a name that exists it prompts you for another one instead of allowing you to lose all of your work. And finally since I am on a roll, when you run a script for testing a copy should be made first that can be retrieved if the script crashes and MS exits.

Some of these maybe in MS but I have not found them.

naveed01

Re: MouseMoveRel

Post by naveed01 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks for the ideas. I like the first one. I've been using a variation of the second one for quite a while and I've never liked it, it gets confusing. The first one is good enough that I'll rescind my request.