Group Folder Options

Ideas for new features & functions

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Allow Options to Close Group Folders StartUp Dialog

5: Important, even if speed/efficiency is decreased/degraded.
100%
4: Somewhat important
No votes
3: I'm okay either way
No votes
2: Somewhat unimportant
No votes
1: Unimportant, even if speed and efficiency remain unaffected
No votes

Total votes: 1

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Group Folder Options

Post by Bob Hansen » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Problem:
When starting system I get an error window from Macro Scheduler. This window is labeled "Group Folder Error". Is shows the path for a folder and says it does not exist. (In fact the folder does exist). The error window only gives me two options: "Remap Directory".and "Delete Group". I do not want to delete the group, so I must drill down through the windows, trees, buttons to select the same group folder path and reset it. I cannot ignore window.

This just started since I moved group folders from local drive to a mapped network shared resource. I suspect this error may be happening because of extensive mapping that may not have been completed before Macro Scheduler is loaded. But I need to keep the groups on a network share so that the macros are available to multiple users.

Solution A:
Add another button to Ignore or an "X" control to close the window. Don't force me to remap every time I restart machine.

Solution B:
Modify the sequence of loading Macro Scheduler or having some time of delay to allow mapping to be completed first.

No matter how this is resolved, can an Ignore timeout be set up so unattended starts are not hung?
Hope this was helpful..................good luck,
Bob
A humble man and PROUD of it!

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:36 am

We've allowed the close button (X) to cancel this dialog in the next maintenance release.
MJT Net Support
[email protected]