Problem with XLSETCELL

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

stevenbrown

Problem with XLSETCELL

Post by stevenbrown » Wed May 30, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi,

I am attempting to set a cell in a Excel 97-2003 Workbook (.xls), but every time Macro Scheduler hits the 'XLSetCell' function it presents the error message 'OLE error 800A03EC'.

Please could you let me know if my code is wrong, or if you've seen this before?

Code: Select all

XLOpen>C:\Folder\Location\Setup.xls,1,xlBook
XLSetCell>xlBook,Sheet1,1,1,complete,scResult
XLSave>xlBook,C:\Folder\Location\Setup.xls
XLQuit>xlBook
** Please note that I have debugged by removing the XLSetCell code line, and Macro Scheduler can open, save and quit the workbook.... it just cant seem to set anything in the cells

Technical Specs:
Macro Scheduler Version = Free Trial (to ensure this software does everything we need it to do)
OS = Windows 10
Excel Location: Local C drive

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Problem with XLSETCELL

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu May 31, 2018 7:57 am

Do you get the same error with a different workbook? It would be worth creating a new book and trying with that so that we can narrow this down to being an issue with the workbook rather than a general issue with Excel. If it happens with a newly created workbook then it could be something to do with the Excel installation. If it doesn't happen then it could be something to do with how the workbook is set up.

You could also try it on another machine.

It might also be worth trying it with the Excel file in a different path - maybe it's a permissions thing. Try copying the workbook to your profile (e.g. your Documents folder) and try it again.

Could also try running Macro Scheduler as admin, which would also test whether it's a permissions issue. To do that FULLY close Macro Scheduler (right click on system tray icon and Exit) and then restart by right clicking on Macro Scheduler icon and selecting Run as Admin.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?