Automated Data Entry

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Idolb

Automated Data Entry

Post by Idolb » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Beginner Here Trying to sent up automated Data Entry from Excel to our AP Invoice Module.

I have a spreadsheet that consist of Supplier, Invoice #, Invoice Value, Invoice Date, Gl Code, Gl Value.

There may be more then one GL Code and GL Value to post too. I did get this to work with 1 line and 3 GL Codes/Value.
What I need this to do is Check for Second GL Code, if NO, Post the entry and move to next line. if yes, enter GL Code and Value, Check for third GL Code, etc. All the GL Values must add to the Invoice Value.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Idol Buzby
Whitney Blake Company
www.whitneyblake.com

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Re: Automated Data Entry

Post by CyberCitizen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Should be easy enough with the if commands and just checking for input, how can you tell the data apart is it in a different field etc?
FIREFIGHTER

Idolb

Re: Automated Data Entry

Post by Idolb » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:03 pm

it's in excel just in different columns, supplier, invoice# invoice date, and value, gets entered first - and then a breakdown by gl code 1 gl value, gl code 2 gl value. some items could have one gl code to post to and other could have 3 or more. If I do one line it's works but more then one line it just keeps continuing with the next line and looping information into gl codes area. it needs to know when a line is finish and post it. then go to the next line.
Idol Buzby
Whitney Blake Company
www.whitneyblake.com