inconsistent windows manipulation??

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

pfisher

inconsistent windows manipulation??

Post by pfisher » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:30 am

I can focus on a folder of images, send a ctrl-a, then send enter. All the images will open in a slideshow mode as you'd expect. But to then take the slideshow to full screen by sending a f11, the images folder instead goes full screen. Regardless of what I've tried so far, I cannot switch focus to the resultant slideshow upon sending "enter."

Then to make things interesting, I can use the same sorts of handlers in another script to determine if that window (slideshow) is open and then successfully manipulate it.

One issue I seem to have is in the unsuccessful script it doesn't recognize the string "Windows Photo Viewer*" but in the other, it does.

I have tried using handles, classes etc but that is fruitless. I have also used the System Windows tool but the information it provides changes upon each instance, i.e. not static like the text string.

Any ideas?

pfisher

solved i guess

Post by pfisher » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Much ado about very little, I guess. The two instances--one where it worked and one where it didn't--had to do with context: the one that didn't work was initiating a process. The other was just looking to see if it was running.

To make the one that didn't work, work, I simply needed a pause before f11.

The other thing is that this particular app changes more than I expected as its state changes. Identifying the window using the tool wasn't helping because when in full screen mode (f11) I wasn't seeing the tool. Only after I exited the full screen mode the window was gone and thus not listed in the tool upon refresh. I was simply missing it. Additionally, the use of "*" in the window name wasn't working because the full screen window name was different.

idiot
Macro Veteran

Post by idiot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm

had a problem in the past of redirecting windows similar to this when i was working on keyboard emulator heres the link to show you what i did should help you be able to fix your problem witch is very similar

http://www.mjtnet.com/forum/keyboard-em ... t5790.html

ok im sure by now your wondering why i sent you there it because the windows photo viewer name is not constant like in my win 7 version when i do what you just did the window name changes depending on name of the photos what the code in my other script does lets you select a specific window regardless of name as in mine i select the last window to send the keystrokes to if your only manipulating 2 windows the folder and the slide show you actually could use the exact same code i used for that or modify it easily if more then 2 windows are being modified
if idiots rule the world then im the king!!!!
i want a free t-shirt give me all of your rep!!!
please give me pro version of macro scheduler and appnavigator!!!