Select values from combo box in Mozilla FireFox

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

hardik_228

Select values from combo box in Mozilla FireFox

Post by hardik_228 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:46 am

Hi there,

I am trying to do script for Post code in Firefox. I have an excel spreadsheet with contain Post code, suburb name and status.

How do I select right suburb name for post code which mentioned in to the spreadsheet. like,

some of the post code have more than one suburb name and i want to select right suburb name as per spreadsheet.

Note: I can not paste value in suburb name "Combobox" as it it non editable and which can fill according to post code. I can only copy and paste suburb post code from excel sheet.

Please help me out here. :(

Thanks in advance.

adroege
Automation Wizard

Post by adroege » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 pm

I am trying to do script for Post code in Firefox
I don't understand what you are trying to do?

What is "Post" code ?

Probably you should be using WebRecorder is what you are trying to automate is browser based.

click here to download WebRecorder.
http://www.mjtnet.com/dldfile.htm?file= ... ebRecorder

hardik_228

Post by hardik_228 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 am

Postcode means postal code like 3000 for Melbourne, 2000 for sydney, 6000 for Perth.

Each diff. postal code have diff. suburb name but sometimes some of the postel codes contain more than one suburb. in that case i want to do something like if you can copy and paste postal code from excel in to firefox (in text box) and then it will search through data base and populate next combo box with related suburb names and i want to select same suburb name which is mention on to the spreadsheet.

in spreadsheet:
2567 Narellan Vale

in firefox
2567 ---->copy and paste in to the text box

it will populate search result in to combobox

Narellan
Narellan Dc
Narellan Vale

so, Narellan Vale located on third place into combo box.

i want to select third suburb for this example.

thanks.

jn3WebDS

Post by jn3WebDS » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:32 am

I think hardik_228 likes to make an online directory of his friends on firefox. It think hea better use the email outlook and thunderbird in order to have an excel sheet like list of the address. But connecting it to firefox is a bit of a puzzle for me to solve.
Try our free seo with seo services