Complete Noob

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

That Noobie

Complete Noob

Post by That Noobie » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:31 am

Is there anyway I could get a macro to seek out a color on the screen and then left click on it about every five seconds. And how would I make it?

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:34 pm

Check this thread: Needs script for searching for a color

So it needs only an additional:

If>pixelcolor=, ClickIt

Label>ClickIt
MouseMove>XPos,YPos
LClick
Wait>5
Goto>ClickIt

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:18 pm

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:21 am

Whoops! I said thanks to quick i didnt have time to try it out..I told you I was a complete noob. :?

I was wondering if you could just right me out the code since im such a dumb noob, the pixel color is 7029049 and i need to left click it about every 3 seconds or so and it could be anywhere on the screen and it moves, so its rarely in the same spot twice. Thats why I don't understand why you put MouseMove XPos,YPos in your reply couldn't it just go-

MouseMove>7029049
LClick
Wait>3
Goto>MouseMove

And just find that color "7029049" anywhere on my screen?
Please Help

Lumumba

Post by Lumumba » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:17 am

Guess it's about a game?!
I would expect that:

a) the colour you're looking for isn't unique, so it's first appearance/coordinate doesn't have to be the one you're looking for. Right?

b) it's position will change so fast, that you (the script) won't be able to identify it's position before it change again (like with shooting flying ducks).

Otherwise you could use WaitRectChanged> which is (damn) slow, but saver.

Maybe you should play around to check for a moving pattern of that "target"! There's a chance to identify a "hotspot"-area. Do an automated screenshot session (one hour, an image every 3 sec.) with a MSched driven Capture.

Check for a grid pattern. So you don't have to check every single pixel of the screen within 3 seconds (lets assume the target is "covering" an area of 15x15 pixels on the screen).

mo
Junior Coder

Post by mo » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:40 pm

What about checking for code or some indication that code is giving that creates the move?
Best Wishes!
mo

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:18 pm

meh... i,m gonna learn a little more and come back to this question.. thanks for the help though.