TextPad Syntax file

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

mo
Junior Coder

TextPad Syntax file

Post by mo » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:15 am

I don't know where the responsibility for this one goes, so please advise!

Shouldn't there be a way to make sure that terms such as "program" and "macro" ".exe" etc are not highlighted when they are not commands?

I see that the MS editor does not make these errors, so I'm sure it can be done.
Best Wishes!
mo

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:24 am

:? I am confused about what you are describing. If you are talking about the Macro Scheduler sysntax file used in TextPad, I would suggest that those questions are best answered in that forum. :arrow:

If not talking about TextPad, can you provide a better example of your problem? :?:

:idea: By the way, I will be submitting an updated Macro Scheduler syntax file to Helios (TextPad) in the next few days. I had offered to do it when Macro Scheduler 7.2 came out but I did not get a chance to follow through. I am now reviewing it to be up to 7.2.038, almost done. I also have a first pass of a Macro Scheduler library clip file for TextPad. Stay tuned.......

mo
Junior Coder

Post by mo » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:42 am

Yes I see I did not specify TextPad.

I am talking about the MS syntax file used in TextPad, just did not know where the responsibility lay.

Anxiously await the clip library! I started one myself...just for learning.
Best Wishes!
mo

Bob Hansen
Automation Wizard

Post by Bob Hansen » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:59 am

I have just submitted an updated Macro Scheduler syntax file for version 7.2.038 to be used with TextPad. It was submitted to support at Helios and MJTNet.

In addition to newer commands, I have included variables as keywords and provided references to match the Macro Scheduler color schemes for syntax.

I don't know when it will be available on the forums, but contact me with your email address if you want a copy now.

I will answer your earlier question on the TextPad forum if not already answered.