Gathering info on amazon

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

nodochau
Pro Scripter

Gathering info on amazon

Post by nodochau » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Hello All,
I am new in gathering info on website. My goal is gather the info from our competitors on amazon. I can use macro recorder to create a program but I am not a fan of move mouse command. Could you help me where can I start?
Let say I want to get all info such as: price, customer ranking value, how many reviews, customer rating (4.5 starts.:)) how many products left in their stock...How to find the add to cart button....
Thanks

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Gathering info on amazon

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pm

I'd start off by seeing if you can extract the elements you're looking for with the Find IE Element Wizard.

Maybe also see if IEGetAllText will extract what you're looking for, which can then be parsed.

Those are starting points, but experimentation is the key. You'd probably need to start with a list of competitors URLs and monitor them from there.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

nodochau
Pro Scripter

Post by nodochau » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Dorian (MJT support) wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pm
I'd start off by seeing if you can extract the elements you're looking for with the Find IE Element Wizard.

Maybe also see if IEGetAllText will extract what you're looking for, which can then be parsed.

Those are starting points, but experimentation is the key. You'd probably need to start with a list of competitors URLs and monitor them from there.
Hi Dorian,
Wow I almost get everything that I want by using WebRecorder functions. But there is a command that I don't see it works though. IEWaitDocumentComplete>IE_Reference,Result??
will it make the program pause to wait for the webpage finish its loading after you click on the Tag?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Try IEWait instead. I'll often use IEWaitForText and a little Wait afterwards to be sure.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here