Manual unlock after enabling AutoLogon

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

[email protected]

Manual unlock after enabling AutoLogon

Post by [email protected] » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 pm

After having started to use AutoLogon I find that when I manually unlock my computer I'm prompted by a screen with the Macro Scheduler icon instead of the usual icon Windows give me. That screen always rejects my user name and password. I've tried with and without my domain name. I can't think of any other way to specify my credentials. I end up having to select "Other Credentials" and then putting in my user name and password to get unlocked. I'm using ver 14.5.4 on Win10 and Win7 and have the same problem on both computers. I don't see anything in the manual or forums that helps. To reiterate, this problem didn't occur until I installed that service that enables AutoLogon (and, yes, I've stopped and started that service a zillion times.) Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.
DHays

[email protected]

Re: Manual unlock after enabling AutoLogon - More info

Post by [email protected] » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:14 pm

I'm attaching a picture to help explain my problem.
When I unlock my computer, I get this screen as the default. When I type in my domain\user id and password, I keep getting "invalid user id/password". I must click the "Other Credentials" button and then logon with my normal unlock screen.
Is there some documentation on this subject I've failed to locate?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
DHays.
Capture.PNG

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Manual unlock after enabling AutoLogon

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:08 pm

I think it's expecting a local account. Instead of the domain try entering the PC name.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Good idea. But it didn't work. Is it looking for some sort of syntax I might not expect? I'm entering COMPUTERNAME\USERNAME.

I wish I knew if it was the username or password it doesn't like.

I've never seen software do this before, i.e., take over when I do CTL-ALT-DEL to unlock. Why does it do that?

Dave Hays

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Never used the autologon feature and don't really have a clue but I used to log in to computers using .\username to stay off the domain. That's <dot><backslash><username>

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:34 pm

I tried .\USERNAME. Didn't work on Win7.
When I tried on Win10, I got the Welcome message and the rotating pearl necklace for several seconds and I thought it was going to unlock for me. But then the "invalid username/password" came up.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
I'm going to post this issue on the scripting list and see if I can get the attention of someone who's using the AUTOLOGON feature and has seen this problem.

Dave Hays