counter for beginners like myself

Hints, tips and tricks for newbies

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

lordExtra

counter for beginners like myself

Post by lordExtra » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello forum,

this is my first post and I'll be frank...I was hoping if someone could point out as to how to do the below. I have a rough idea on what a possible approach could look this but really have no idea how to start this from scratch.

So what i need to do is the following:

In simple words, once this counter
5110.PNG
starts running, wait until it returns to its original value and then execute keystroke X.

The first number is always a positive integer, with up to 3 digits, never smaller than 5 and max 999...just in case that matters.

I guess this should be peanuts for most of you guys, appreciate someone could help me on this.

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Re: counter for beginners like myself

Post by Grovkillen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Can you only access the counter visually?
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

lordExtra

Post by lordExtra » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:45 am

Hi, thanks your reply. The counter element is indeed clickable ( text highlight-copy-paste), but only if not currently running.

I could perhaps tap a MIDI clock song position value from somewhere, but ideally only if not otherwise possible.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the moment when the keystroke should fire does not need to be precisely after one completed counter cycle, as shortly after is good enough for the purpose.

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Post by Grovkillen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Still don't get your scenario. Are you trying to get out from a Windows application or Internet site? And when you say midi, you say it like you mentioned it before...?
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

lordExtra

Post by lordExtra » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 am

Sorry for not being specific enough. Yes that's from a Windows application, namely Cubase.
I need to feed the song position ( that's the counter ) to MS, and was thinking that some kind of time code output by Cubase can be used to do that. But again, I don't think this would be ideal.

Assuming an approach could be the image recognition / OCR features in MS to monitor the counter, I don't really know how much of an impact on DPC latency those have. I wouldn't know how to otherwise extract those values apart from some kind of time code like MIDI beat clock. But MS doesn't speak MIDI ( shame actually, OSC would be nice, too ) and I guess that's that. Correct me if I am wrong though.