Example script for Passing keyboard stroke to application

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

sysbll01

Example script for Passing keyboard stroke to application

Post by sysbll01 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm new to the product but an old hand at this kind of process using another product. I was experimenting with a couple of tasks and couldn't get either to work. Any help is appreciated: :D

First problem:
Launched the MacroScheduler recorder. Once started I clicked on the remote desktop icon on my desktop and connected to a remote server. Clicked on connect and the remote desktop session started without issue. I brought up notepad and then stopped the recorder. I looked at the macro generated and it stops as soon as I connect to the remote desktop. No instructions were included when starting notepad. Not clear on how to get past this.

Second Problem:
From my desktop where MacroScheduler is installed I again started recorder. I brought up one of our applications which uses mouse clicks and keyboard entry. Navigated through the application to get to the part where I would be doing data entry and actually entered information manually. Once done I stopped the recorder and again looked at the macro generated. All I did was run the macro as it was created to see if it would open the application, navigate to the screen where data entry is done and then enter the data. The macro does launch the application and does navigate to the desired screen. However, none of the keystrokes for data entry execute. What could be the issue?

Any help is appreciated...
Thank you

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Example script for Passing keyboard stroke to applicatio

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Without being able to try it it's hard to say why only part of the process played back. Is any part of the process something that needs to run as admin? Was the remote desktop running in full screen mode? Once in the remote desktop Macro Scheduler will not be able to know about the apps within it and so at that point it would become "blind" key/mouse interaction only.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

sysbll01

Re: Example script for Passing keyboard stroke to applicatio

Post by sysbll01 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:52 pm

Remote desktop is not running in full screen mode. Does it need to be? :D