Screen Recording for Error Correction

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

headgeek

Screen Recording for Error Correction

Post by headgeek » Wed May 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Loving MacroScheduler... not loving some of the JRE applications that I am automating - (don't always respond as expected).

While I would usually look to the log files to identify the errors, my logs are complete garbage; I have a timer that attempts to reset things when my script gets stuck. The logs become way too large to even open in most cases, as it logs every fraction of a second of the timer.

Can anyone help me with:
1.) Choose a screen capture software that I could easily start at the beginning of my script and would record cursor locations and what is clicked? (assuming that when I ask MacroScheduler to click on a location or on a picture, that this is something that a screen capture software can see?). This would serve as a video log of what is going on... maybe I can visually see the problem as it occurs. This is something that I can't see even if I watch the macro run.
2.) Is there anyway that I can show the MacroScheduler script as it is played? I'm 98% sure that there isn't, but I thought I would ask.

Thank you in advance for any input/help you can provide!

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Re: Screen Recording for Error Correction

Post by CyberCitizen » Mon May 29, 2017 3:21 am

I use Fastone Screen Capture, Small And Light Weight, Does That I Need It To Do.
FIREFIGHTER

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Post by Grovkillen » Mon May 29, 2017 8:26 am

I use PicPick.
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 pm

headgeek wrote:While I would usually look to the log files to identify the errors, my logs are complete garbage; I have a timer that attempts to reset things when my script gets stuck. The logs become way too large to even open in most cases, as it logs every fraction of a second of the timer.
Strategically add _WRITE_LOG_FILE to your script to turn logging on and off.

Let>_WRITE_LOG_FILE=0 turns logging off.

Let>_WRITE_LOG_FILE=1 turns logging on.

Of course you need to first set up logging as you would normally do. Then I like to place
Let>_WRITE_LOG_FILE=0 at the start of the script and only turn logging back on in the trouble area. I also try to only analyze one problem area at a time to keep the log file manageable.