Images in Dialog trunicated.

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Images in Dialog trunicated.

Post by kpassaur » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 pm

This is going to make no sense. I wrote and compiled some scripts that have images in the Dialogs. Nothing fancy, just a logo and the tile is a PNG as well. There is also a line (I didn't use text). So three small images. I wanted the same look / feel to all of the dialogs so I purposely entered the top and left location in the dialog builder.

Everything is fine. I put them on a machine with a different (lower) resolution and well not so good. Some of them are cut off etc. I can understand that with images; however, here is the kicker. I knew this going in and I left a lot of white space just incase. Anyway, I decide to see what has happened and I took the script and placed it on the other machine and opened it up.

I looked at the top and left location that I typed in and it was incorrect. the values were all smaller. I changed them to what they were on the original machine and all is fine. I then saved it to the machine I originally created it on and opened it again. This time they were all larger than the original ones. So, somehow the program is changing the code based upon the resolution of the monitor. Can this be turned off?

kpassaur
Automation Wizard

Re: Images in Dialog trunicated.

Post by kpassaur » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks for looking - I figured it out.

There is an option called "Proportional" and it needs to be set to True. An easy fix was to unhide everything, scroll down quickly (it is easy to figure out what is an image in a dialog) paste at the bottom of the image before end "Proportional = True"

I think it took about 10 minutes to fix a dozen Dialogs

Porter

Re: Images in Dialog trunicated.

Post by Porter » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:23 am

kpassaur wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm
Thanks for looking - I figured it out.

There is an option called "Proportional" and it needs to be set to True. An easy fix was to unhide everything, scroll down quickly (it is easy to figure out what is an image in a dialog) paste at the bottom of the image before end "Proportional = True"

I think it took about 10 minutes to fix a dozen Dialogs
Thanks for posting the solution.