Img matching problems

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

NancyM
Pro Scripter

Img matching problems

Post by NancyM » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:54 pm

I've got two different computers and they don't handle an image the same. It is a word of text with a checkbox next to it. One finds it on exact match, one doesn't. Okay, so small differences in fonts, I guess. If I try the CCOEFF img match it gives me false positives.

I'm just trying to see if a tiny checkbox is checked. If I look for a specific pixel, I'll have to give it a relative offset to some text and that will be tricky. But also, how do I tell what color the pixel is?

Are there any tools that would help with both figuring out the offset and the pixel color?

Thanks!

PS Image is converted to JPG because your system didn't allow me to attach a bmp

JRL
Automation Wizard

Re: Img matching problems

Post by JRL » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:34 am

Are there any tools that would help with both figuring out the offset and the pixel color?
The editor displays your cursor coordinates and can also display the color number of the color under your cursor. If you're on a computer that doesn't have the editor available you could use Cursor Monitor.exe from my page of shared scripts, "A few homemade utilities" linked at the bottom of this post. Once started, the mouse coordinates and pixel color follow the cursor similar to choosing "Follow Cursor" and "Pixel Color" in the editor's cursor display. Use the WinKey + Esc to close Cursor Monitor.exe if you use it.