Windows 10?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Office Smith

Windows 10?

Post by Office Smith » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering what versions of Macro Scheduler support Windows 10.

Is there anything special I need to know about using macro scheduler with windows 10? We just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

Thanks!

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Re: Windows 10?

Post by CyberCitizen » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:58 am

I am currently using Macro Scheduler Pro v14.0.18 on Windows 10.

Will be upgrading shortly (just before tax time).
FIREFIGHTER

Jerry Thomas
Macro Veteran

Post by Jerry Thomas » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

There are significant issues with getting text off of the screen!

I had to roll back a couple of test machines because scripts were failing based on this.

The scripts run fine, its just this 1 aspect that is a problem.
Thanks,
Jerry

[email protected]

unimatrix

Post by unimatrix » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Jerry Thomas wrote:There are significant issues with getting text off of the screen!

I had to roll back a couple of test machines because scripts were failing based on this.

The scripts run fine, its just this 1 aspect that is a problem.
Yes, this is a huge problem! I have to run MacroScheduler on a virtual Win7 machine now because of this issue. And the new update? UI Improvements, bigger buttons....yeah great... :roll:

Jedt3D

Post by Jedt3D » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:53 am

I've got another problem too, about capture key event.

Look at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9123

Djek
Pro Scripter

Post by Djek » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:50 am

Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 (internet browser) is not useable for interacting with MS

and yes, im also "afraid" what the UI improvements in the latest upgrade will do with performance and useabillity.
But i have not upgraded yet to the latest version, im too scared... :shock:

Anyone here has applied the latest 14.3 ?

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi,

Edge does not provide an API, so it would be impossible for us to make functions to automate it, but Windows 10 still ships with IE11 - it's behind the scenes - so that any and all apps which "wrap" IE (via COM) will use it. So Macro Scheduler still works fine - when you run WebRecorder what you see inside it is IE11 and when you run e.g. IECreate etc it will use IE11. You don't need to do anything special - IE11 is right there in Windows for this very purpose. So you can still automate your web apps.

Regarding Text Capture - Microsoft have made some MAJOR changes to the way text is rendered - to the functions that output text to the screen. To be fair, there have been changes at every OS, so with regards to the Text Capture functions, what worked in XP may not have worked in Windows 7, may not have worked in Windows 8, may not have worked in Windows 10. So there's nothing new there. Text Capture has always been OS specific and we've always advised using on a known OS in a controlled environment and testing first. If it can capture what you want, great. It still works in Windows 10 in some instances, for some apps, but not for all.

The text capture library is supplied by a third party. At this time I cannot say whether or not they intend to add extra support for Windows 10 - *OR INDEED IF THAT WOULD EVEN BE POSSIBLE*.
and yes, im also "afraid" what the UI improvements in the latest upgrade will do with performance and useabillity.
What!? Why? Why on earth would a few different icons affect performance and usability? These new changes IMPROVE usability - especially if you switch to a HD screen - because it scales better. Prior versions look tiny and are therefore hard to use. Why not install the trial and try it first. That said there's no obligation to use it.

I think I'm ready to retire!
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Djek
Pro Scripter

Post by Djek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Marcus,
Breathe in, ..hhmmmm.... breathe out
:wink:
you are way to young to retire ! and my hassitation to upgrade is also no reason for retirement.

Macro Scheduler is one of the most important and usefull tools i use, and i could not live and do my work without it.
This user interface upgrade sounded like a big thing to me, it didnt sound like just a few icons that have been changed.
Thats why i dont upgrade right a way....

Sadly; Our retirement money is handed over to the EU by our dutch gouvernment, so i can not take an early retirement...
:?

ffansszi

Post by ffansszi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:41 am

i am wondering if it is the proper time to upgrade windows 10? Coz my computer is pretty old. i am afraid it lags on win 10
Last edited by ffansszi on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meryl
Staff

Post by Meryl » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:30 pm

That depends on your needs.