Invalid Index when creating a New Group

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

shoyer

Invalid Index when creating a New Group

Post by shoyer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:07 pm

I have version 13.2.3 and whenever I try to create a new folder, I get an error, Invalid Index. I currently have no groups defined.

I guess I could try a reinstall, but I'm hoping there is a simple answer rather than a shot in the dark.

Steve.

EnderFFX
Pro Scripter

Re: Invalid Index when creating a New Group

Post by EnderFFX » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I ran into this problem last night. I believe the directory where Macro Scheduler is attempting to save your macros no longer exists, so when you try to create a Group it errors out like this.

I fixed the problem by creating a new macro, attempting to save it, noting the missing directory (it gave me an error msg of where it couldn't save) and then creating the new directory.

There is probably a smoother way to handle the problem with changing the overall options/configuration.

shoyer

Re: Invalid Index when creating a New Group

Post by shoyer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:36 pm

I tried creating a new macro and saving it. No problem there.
I tried exporting my new script. Goes to the last place from which I imported scripts.

Went into Tools>Options>Change Macro/Group Settings Path (Advanced)
Put in a New Path and checked Copy Current Settings and Overwrite Existing settings.
Restarted Macroscheduler. No help.

Went into Tools>Options>Change Macro/Group Settings Path (Advanced)
Put in a New Path and left UNCHECKED Copy Current Settings and Overwrite Existing settings.
Restarted Macroscheduler.
Bueno...

Thanks EnderFFX for the lead.

Steve.

Edit: This did remove the current macros from within MS. I had to reimport them and reset the timers and such.