Problem with Firefox and Flash applications

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Quizer

Problem with Firefox and Flash applications

Post by Quizer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 pm

So, I've just started with this program, and it looks great, with many useful functions, but it seems I'm running into problems straight away.

I've made a script that starts by closing the currently active tab of Mozilla Firefox, by grabbing focus with SetFocus and then using the key combination CTRL-W to close the active tab.

Press CTRL
Send>w
Release CTRL

However, for some reason, if the flash application that is running in the tab has focus, the key combination sent by Macro Scheduler won't work, even though the same key combination sent by me manually will work in that circumstance. To have the macro work, I need to ensure the focus is outside of the flash app by clicking somewhere else in the opened tab.

The weird part is that if I do it manually, it doesn't matter if focus in in the flash app or not; for some reason, it only matters for commands sent by Macro Scheduler. I've tried the legacy option for keyboard commands, but it makes no difference. The focus grabbing works just fine, it's only this bit that bothers me. Can someone explain this / explain how to avoid this problem?

Quizer