Problem with IE_FormFill and drop down boxes

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

iggytomcarr

Problem with IE_FormFill and drop down boxes

Post by iggytomcarr » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:21 am

Hi All

I am trying to write some code that selects an item from a drop down box (5 choices either (nothing), GREEN, ORANGE, YELLOW or BLUE) on a website page which is written in PHP. There are 10 dropdown boxes on this page each contained within there own differently named form. And i need the code to perform this operation on all of them.

I am using webrecorder to write some of the code and then pasting that into macro scheduler 12 and adding in if statements and loops etc.

The problem i am experiencing is that IE_FormFill is selecting the correct element on the first dropdown box (for example green) and then when the macro moves from the dropdown box onto another element on the page - the drop down box resets itself to its original state ie. BLUE.

Wondering if any body else has experienced the same sort of problem and wondered if they had any insight as to what may be going wrong.

It has occurred to me that the drop down boxes may be programmed on our website in internet explorer unfriendly code (from previous experience i know our designer tends to program preferably to firefox standards).

Also the ie_formfill code is not working on the 2nd, - 10th drop down boxes at all.

First Drop Down Box Code to select option "Orange"

Code: Select all

Let>FrameName={""}
        Let>FormName={"local_1n"}
        Let>FieldName={"availability"}
        Let>FieldValue={"Orange"}
        IE_FormFill>%IE[0]%,str:FrameName,str:FormName,str:FieldName,str:FieldValue,0,r

Second drop down box code (this doesn't appear to work at all)

Code: Select all

Let>FrameName={""}
        Let>FormName={"local_2n"}    //second form name
        Let>FieldName={"availability"}
        Let>FieldValue={"Orange"}
        IE_FormFill>%IE[0]%,str:FrameName,str:FormName,str:FieldName,str:FieldValue,0,r
Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!