"Input" opens entire program? 7.1 pro.

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

"Input" opens entire program? 7.1 pro.

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:30 pm

It seems probably 2 times out of 5, the "input" command opens the entire macro scheduler program just beneath the input window. I haven't worked out why it does this some times and not others, but if I do I'll let you know. It's as if I double clicked on the systray icon.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:51 pm

It sometimes does this - depending on Macro Scheduler's current window state - in order to make sure the input box appears on top.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:30 pm

I think it's maybe a matter of getting used to how the new one behaves. Sometimes it seems to want to live on my taskbar as well as the systray, in which case I close the entire thing and relaunch it, other times it's happy to just be in the systray.

JimmyG

Post by JimmyG » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:22 pm

Has anyone ever figured out how to keep this from happening? I'm building a macro using the Input command and don't want the Macro Scheduler window to open every time my users run the macro.

Sometimes it don't take much for them to get scared or confused! :shock:

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:26 pm

I wonder if it still happens if the script was compiled to an exe?

JimmyG

Post by JimmyG » Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:47 pm

In a quick test, this did appear to solve the problem, however I planned to keep Macro Scheduler running in the sytem tray so it will not need to re-load every time the users run the macro (I expect users to run it several times a day). Maybe I just need to compile it as an executable and hope the users don't mind the small delay as Macro Schduler loads up... This macro is saving them a bunch of time, so an extra second can hopefully be overlooked.

Thanks for the input.

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:32 am

Something just occured to me. I wonder what happens if you compile it as an exe, then write another macro with the same hotkey which just runs the exe?