Convert a file to binary text

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Convert a file to binary text

Post by PepsiHog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Hello everyone, again.

Those of you that have more experience with MS are likely familiar with the "Import Binary File" function.

Don't let me confuse you. I know how to import and use the imported. What I want to do is duplicate this in my program. I want to when I click a button in my Dialog, have it read the specified file and write the file in the same way as the "Import Binary" file command does.

Anyone have any ideas?

It must be exactly the same output as "Import Binary" I thought I saw a command to do this while searching for unrelated topic, but now, I was either mistaken, or I simply don't know what it starts with. I looked under import/export/binary with no luck. (It is also possible I've just had too much Pepsi! :lol: )

Is there any help out there for me? :twisted:

MS will put it together, I just need to know how to break it down.

Thanks,
PepsiHog

p.s. Don't ask why. I will explain, but it will likely make your head spin in twenty diffrent directions at the same time.
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Automate a method like I descibe here:
http://www.mjtnet.com/blog/2008/03/11/e ... r-scripts/

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Thanks JRL!

Post by PepsiHog » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:25 pm

I briefly played around with encoding but by now wasn't even thinking in that direction. Great redirection!

Thanks JRL! :D

ADDED LATER...

Base64 generates Binary! See I didn't know that! I dun lernid som stuf!
Cus i usid my kidneys! {insert challenged laugh here}

And with your help JRL! Thanks again.
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!