Version 7.1 does not run my macros properly

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

tcoffma

Version 7.1 does not run my macros properly

Post by tcoffma » Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:56 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed version 7.1 and my macros do not run properly. For example: I have a "shell script" that basically just calls 5 or 6 macros. In version 7.1 it seems like my wait> commands are not working or waiting for windows to appear etc.

I took 7.1 off and put on 7.0 and everything was fine. I then put 7.1 back on and nothing worked. I just put 7.0 back on and everything is working again.

support
Automation Wizard

Post by support » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:16 pm

Hi,

Please, please, send your script(s) to [email protected] to take a look at. If this is an issue then we will want to fix it pronto, but it could just be a small change in behaviour which we can fix easily in the script.

Any WaitWindowOpen commands? Using WF_TYPE? Could be something like that. Very surprised if your ordinary Wait> statements aren't working!
MJT Net Support
[email protected]

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:55 pm

We have determined this is due to a change made to the Macro> command which we have to admit was not documented correctly. This command must now be given a filename, NOT a macro name. More explanation here:

http://www.mjtnet.com/usergroup/viewtopic.php?t=56

The distributions have been updated with modified documentation to correctly reflect this change.