enabling/disabling macros

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

lab rat

enabling/disabling macros

Post by lab rat » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:43 am

Greetings Everyone,

Anybody ever experience scripts getting reenabled on their own? Or am I just imaging things?! I'll disable macros before I leave for the day and the next morning the scripts I thought had been disabled are enabled. I'm currently using v6.2.

TIA!

John F.

0894761f

re-enabling

Post by 0894761f » Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:08 am

Yes we get this quite often and it seems to be related to sytem hangs and reboots. Haven't been able to track it down tho

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:19 am

I had 2 macros which refused to die.

One was set to run when a particular window opened. I deleted the macro long ago, but for ages MS kept running it every time the window in question opened.

Then I had another which I mistakenly assigned the hotkey ctrl shift F, which is "find" in Outlook Express. After changing the hotkey, and then even deleting the macro, it still ran every time I used that key combination.

In the end I uninstalled and reinstalled, then installed 7.1 and this oddness seems to have stopped.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:22 am

I would love to know how the macros kept running even after they had been deleted! Were they still showing up in the macro list? If they're not there then Macro Scheduler doesn't know about them. Weird.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:39 am

Yeah, it was really odd. The deleted one wasn't visible in the macro list, and the one where I changed the hotkey was visible but had no hotkey listed next to it - even though the hotkey still made it work..

Both are long gone now though so I can't really answer any more specifics.