please help to solve a small problem with MacroScheduler

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

manooi

please help to solve a small problem with MacroScheduler

Post by manooi » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:41 pm

I tried to write a small script in macro scheduler .. but I got stuck with the commands .. if you know how to use Macro Scheduler please help me out.. Thank you
here is what I need Macroscheduler to do for me..

First i start Macro, then I start my game .. and it must wait for me 3 minutes to load my game, then I want macro script to run behide my game .. and I need it to hit the SpaceBar continuously in every half a second ( non stop ), and when i want it to stop, I just hit Enter.. then .. when I press Enter again .. Macro goes back to hit the Spacebar for me in every half a second, ..so basically .. the Enter key is used to turn on and off that function ..

Thank you very much if you can help me out.. i'm stuck with this :(
________
Jeep Tornado engine history
Last edited by manooi on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:30 am

For detecting the Enter key presses.
Make the following an executable:

deletefile>c:\PressSpace.tmp
Label>rerun
WaitKeyDown>VK13
Writeln>c:\PressSpace.tmp,result,press space
WaitKeyDown>VK13
deletefile>c:\PressSpace.tmp
goto>rerun

To send a space every 1/2 second.
Create a second macro with the following lines:

Label>nospace
Wait>0.5
IfFileExists>c:\PressSpace.tmp,ps,nospace
Label>ps
Wait>0.5
IfFileExists>c:\PressSpace.tmp,ps2,nospace
Label>ps2
//Note there is an invisible space at the end of the next line.
Send Character/Text>
Goto>ps

Run these simultaneously after your game starts or add a three minute (180 second) wait at the start of the "send spaces" macro and start them before starting your game. Close them by pressing shift + esc twice.

manooi

Post by manooi » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:55 pm

Thank you JRL very much..
I didn't know MacroS. script is so complicated.. .. can you please do me a last favour.. .. help me to combine all of them in one so i can paste it to MacroS. .. because.. i tried so many times.. it didn't work .. :( ...
________
hemp

manooi

Post by manooi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:58 am

I even tried to run the second sript alone, and I did leave a space after the line Send Character/Text> .. but it didn't work,
Macro script seems to be working.. because i saw the icon of MacroS.. was flashing.
If it really worked for making spaces every 1/2 second..... then .. whenever i put the cursor to any text input blank.... the cursor should start jumping to the right ...
please help me ....
________
Ford Trimotor history

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:48 am

The second macro will send spaces but only if the file c:\PressSpace.tmp exists. Create a text file and name it "PressSpace.tmp". Make sure the file is located in your C drive root directory.

You might also have a problem maintaining the game window as the current window. That is done with the "SetFocus" command. If you can identify the game window's title, just ahead of the Send Character/text line, add the line:

SetFocus>Window title

Although you said you picked the window after starting the macro and that should work also.

As for combining the macros. I don't know how to make that work. If there is another way to accomplish what you originally requested, it's beyond my current abilities or I'm just not imagining it. As I see it, you need to have two separate programs, one that is looping and one that does something that causes the loop to pause. And the only way that I know to have two macros running simultaneously, is for one or both of them to be compiled to run outside of the MS software.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Dick

manooi

Post by manooi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:28 am

Once again.. thank you for your help... it finally works with some common softwares like notepad or internet explorer... but not with my game.. maybe the game maker didn't allow that to happen :)
________
grape ape marijuana strain

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:27 pm

Try replacing the Send Character/Text line with the line:

Ascii>32

I really don't know what the difference is but I know that I've had to use the ascii function several times in the past.

manooi

Post by manooi » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:51 pm

Still the same :( ... i think it won't work for the game...... just work with Internet Explore and notepad
Or even it works with where i make input for username and password of the game. it still won't trigger the spacebar to activate a function in the game, because it only sends a space character to tmp file ..
i think this is involved with annimation
________
Honda VF1000 history

CyberCitizen
Automation Wizard

Post by CyberCitizen » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:53 am

May I Ask What Game You Are Trying To Have The Macro Run Behind?

I Have Done One For Counter-Strike. I Could Not Get It To Press The Space Bar, So I Had To Bind The Command In The Game To Another Key.

I Now Have It Set That When I Press e It Presses Mouse 1 Down For 0.2 Sec's Then Releases & Waites For Me To Press e Again.

As For Macro Scheduler Being Hard, Its A Pretty Easy Program To Work With. If You Want Hard Try Writting Your Own Program To Do What You Want.
FIREFIGHTER

manooi

the game that i'm playing ?

Post by manooi » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:40 am

OHh it's Mu game ..you can visit it's website at http://www.muonline.com ( largest multiplayer game )
the purpose for my idea is to make my PC pick up items by itself after killing the monsters ..
________
vaporizer manufacturers