Weird Watch List Behavior

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

fightcancer
Macro Veteran

Weird Watch List Behavior

Post by fightcancer » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:34 am

When I run a macro, the Watch List is sometimes blank throughout execution and after it.

Sometimes when I type the name of a variable in the white box at the top and press Enter, MS will NOT find the variable. So I have to scroll all the way to the top of variables, click the topmost var, click the input box at the top again, press Enter again, and then MS will find the variable. (Guessing that it only searches forward and doesn't wrap.)

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Weird Watch List Behavior

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:37 am

Is the entire watch list blank, or just one particular item? If it's one particular item then it's possible it's too long for the watch list. It needs to be incredibly long though - I just tested and discovered it could display a variable 65528 characters long, and went blank at 65529.

if it's the entire watch list - remember if you're just selecting Run or F9 the watch list items will not be displayed. For that you need to be running step-by-step, tracing, or insert a breakpoint and then use Run/F9.

Your guess seems to be correct - it searches forward.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

fightcancer
Macro Veteran

Re: Weird Watch List Behavior

Post by fightcancer » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:10 pm

Dorian (MJT support) wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:37 am
if it's the entire watch list - remember if you're just selecting Run or F9 the watch list items will not be displayed. For that you need to be running step-by-step, tracing, or insert a breakpoint and then use Run/F9.
I think this was my issue. Thanks!