How to integrate GPT-3 into my macro

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

ari
Junior Coder

How to integrate GPT-3 into my macro

Post by ari » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Hello,
I would like to integrate natural language AI like GPT-3 into my macros, for example send a command and some text to GPT-3 and then plug the result into a macroscheduler variable (similar to the way regex may be used). I would like to do this using their API and not their website form interface. I am not a programmer but can follow basic MS tutorials. Any ideas for starting points?

For those not familiar with GPT-3
https://beta.openai.com/examples/

ari
Junior Coder

Re: How to integrate GPT-3 into my macro

Post by ari » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:08 pm

Have you guys seen ChatGPT yet? It can generate autohotkey scripts from natural language descriptions. It is familiar with MS but does not know enough about it to generate scripts. What are MS's plans to integrate this type of technology?

ari
Junior Coder

Re: How to integrate GPT-3 into my macro

Post by ari » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:12 pm

for example I just did this:

QUERY
write an autohotkey script that opens notepad, sends text hello world, sends the file to a printer then closes notepad

RESULT
Here is an AutoHotkey script that will open Notepad, send the text "hello world" to it, send the file to a printer, and then close Notepad:

Copy code
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; Open Notepad
Run Notepad

; Send the text "hello world" to Notepad
SendInput hello world

; Save the file and send it to the printer
FileSave
FilePrint

; Close Notepad
FileClose
To use this script, you will need to have AutoHotkey installed on your computer. To run the script, you can simply double-click on the file. You may need to adjust the printer settings to specify which printer you want to use.