macro help

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

fatisy786

macro help

Post by fatisy786 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:07 pm

Hi Guys I have run a macro using the macro recorder tool and then I have copied and pasted the same macro a few times to try to save time doing the job, I just need help on the following.
I want to program in a function that if a specific window pops up that the macro diverts to a different macro and then continues from the start of the original macro.
The macro involves copying and pasting data from one screen to another however every once in a while a pop up window comes up which needs to be dealt with and then I want to continue the original macro. I also would like help that once the data on the excel sheet has been copied how would I kill the macro.

If anyone can help with the following:
1.How to loop the original macro
2.How to stop macro 1 and divert to macro 2 if window x pops up
3. How to have a specific endpoint defined: i.e. When all the data has been entered and deleted( after entering the info for 10 lines I delete those 10 lines and then do the next 10 lines until all the data has been entered.
4.I am also struggling when recording the macros that when I use ALT+Tab to switch between pages whenever I run the macro it normally ends up including the macro screen when tabbing and therefore messes up the macro, Any help would really be appreciated, Thank you In advance guys

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: macro help

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:46 am

Responded to identical question via tech support.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here