How to enlarge a Dialog proportinate with its objects ?

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

Djek
Pro Scripter

How to enlarge a Dialog proportinate with its objects ?

Post by Djek » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:35 am

hi all,
i have made a small tool which is very helpful to the users of an old pbx system.
It browses through contacts and so they can easily dial this contact number.
Ok, but that's not the problem.

One of the users is kind-of nearly blind, and has problems to "read" the content of the Dialog.
I have edited the properties of the shortcut of the tool to execute in 640x480,
and this works, but it also (temporarily) sets the whole screen to 640x480.
And for other applications this gives problems. (arrangement of content gets disturbed)

So now i am looking for way that a Dialog can be enlarged, say two times, proportionate
so that distance between the Buttons, Lables, and other components/objects in the Dialog,
keep relatively the same. Also the size of the components/object must be enlarged two times
and the caption fonts also has to be enlarged.
I know :The font of the object can follow the fonts of the form, but then the size of the objects
stays the same, so the captions are too big.

Of course; i already now have made a manually customized (colourized)version for her,
she is very happy and the tool is workable for her,
but I was just curious if someone else of you knows how to enlarge a Dialog proportionate

Thanks,
Djek

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Re: How to enlarge a Dialog proportinate with its objects ?

Post by Grovkillen » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:00 am

I have resided to make my dialogs dynamically/programmatically instead just for them to be adjusting to their contents. So in general I remove the DPI settings and use the font size instead. DPI overrule font size otherwise.
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

Grovkillen
Automation Wizard

Post by Grovkillen » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:01 am

[double post]
Let>ME=%Script%

Running: 15.0.24
version history

JRL
Automation Wizard

Post by JRL » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:58 pm

Could something like THIS be made to assist?

Djek
Pro Scripter

Post by Djek » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:04 am

Hi Grovkillen and JRL

To "adjust" the whole Dialog dynamically, thats un-doable, but, that would surely be the best solution.
You than have to keep in mind the fonts on the objects, but also the position and size of the canvas and the objects etc.
It is not only the fonts...
Somehow, i suspect (by including (include>) a Dialog part into a script) if you can make that part of script depended on enlargements factors for instance 2x 4x 8x , and this would be sufficient.
I experienced problems with including parts of a dialog into a dialog. I could include a complete Dialog block into a script, but not parts of Dialog into a Dialog block. Hmm if i read this sentence back, i'm not sure if you guys get this... its a bit complex. :-)
The magnifier script (JRL) would not help me here because that does not allow interaction with Objects, but it is sure a really interesting script, because i could zoom in a part of a screen. By the way, dont know why but the script freezes my laptop after a bit playing with it. Mouse and keyboard got stuck.
But thanks for your input !
Kind regards
Djek