Bug: All Scheduled Run times reset on system restart

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

JoeBly

Bug: All Scheduled Run times reset on system restart

Post by JoeBly » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:11 am

I have 15.0.17 installed at a radio station as part of mission-critical automated program download. I have about 75 scripts that have to start at very specific times, and repeat every half hour for three hours each. The window of availability to retrieve files is specific.

Issue:
Whenever I restart Macro Scheduler or the computer reboots, the start times for all scripts that have a repeat all reset to the current hour, even on days the scripts aren't scheduled to run. The other "feature" is that when the hour is reset, the specified minute remains the same.

How it breaks things:
The scripts attempt to run when remote files are not available for retrieval.

Script Settings:
I've set all scripts to "Run at next scheduled run time".
The unifying feature is that all the affected scripts are set to repeat every 30 minutes and the script resets at a specified time under the Advanced Schedule box.

What I'm doing to fix:
When this happens, I have to go in and manually edit every script to the correct start time.

Expected behavior:
When calculating the next run time on startup, MS should take the "repeat every x" and "Stop and reset at/after" settings into account. Don't change the scheduled start time for scripts scheduled to run on other days, and don't change the schedule for scripts that were already slated to stop.

What seems to be going wrong:
MS doesn't take into account "Stop and reset at/after" when it starts up and re-calculates the "Run at next scheduled run time." Thus, every script with a repeat setting gets broken for all days of the week.

Example:
This image shows scripts with repeats and resets all scheduled to run during the midnight hour, even though they were originally scheduled at various times throughout the day, even on scripts that run on other days of the week.

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Re: Bug: All Scheduled Run times reset on system restart

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi,

For the highlighted script what was the original start time and repeat interval set to, and what was the stop/reset after time given?
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

JoeBly

Re: Bug: All Scheduled Run times reset on system restart

Post by JoeBly » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:51 am

That highlighted script is supposed to run on Monday at 14:10, repeat every 30 mins, stop and reset at 17:00.

There's an internal check to make sure that it's running in that 14:00 to 17:00 time slot, or else it exits. The rest of the repeating scripts are similar in construction and scheduling.

EDIT ADDED: if you look at the above image, you'll see that "Get Making Contact" and "Get MilkStreet Promo" have their times scrambled so that they wind up running at the same time. Since the scripts use Internet Explorer, having them run at the same time doesn't work. Since posting this, I've had to go in three more times to reset the scheduled times.

Here's an image of the schedule after I went in and edited all the start times: