Doesn't work with Interactive Brokers Workstation (IBWS)

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

windowsbot

Doesn't work with Interactive Brokers Workstation (IBWS)

Post by windowsbot » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:13 pm

It's a Java program, but I'm not sure what the issue is.

I can't select the window. I've tried select by image, by location, by windows title name, ...nothing works.

I've even tried running Macro Scheduler with Admin.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Re: Doesn't work with Interactive Brokers Workstation (IBWS)

Post by PepsiHog » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:00 am

Hi windowsbot,
I currently have v14 of MS. I know there are some types of windows that you can't detect in the usual way with MS. Ofcourse that may have changed in v15. Such as graphic windows, are usually not detectable. I reserve the right to be wrong. But am 99.999999999999999999999 percent sure I'm right.

Having said that, have you tried using GetWindowList>? That will tell you if MS can even see the window. Open the window in Java first. Then write this:

GetWindowList>wl
mdl>%wl%

If you can see the window name in this list, then it is possible to see it, so you have a different issue. You may also discover that the displayed name and it's actual name are not the same. If you see a similar name, try using it instead.

Good Luck,
PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!