Can't compile executables

Technical support and scripting issues

Moderators: Dorian (MJT support), JRL

MarcinW
Junior Coder

Can't compile executables

Post by MarcinW » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi, I've had this issue for a while now but it got really bad now.
Initially 1 in 5 times after I compiled an exe it was gone not to be found anywhere. Over time the issue got worse, right now getting a compiled executable is like finding a four-leaf clover. During compilation I can see the exe appearing in the folder, but then right after confirmation that it has been compiled successfully it disappears. Sometimes choosing a different name before initialising compilation helps, then it compiles successfully most of the times.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Dorian (MJT support)
Automation Wizard

Re: Can't compile executables

Post by Dorian (MJT support) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:15 pm

This sounds like it could be related to some kind of security software you have. Could that be it? I'm not convinced Macro Scheduler is doing this.
Yes, we have a Custom Scripting Service. Message me or go here

Marcus Tettmar
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Tettmar » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 pm

Seconded. Your security software is seeing a .exe being generated, thinks that must be suspicious and is deleting it. Whitelist Macro Scheduler in your security software, or temporarily disable it to confirm.
Marcus Tettmar
http://mjtnet.com/blog/ | http://twitter.com/marcustettmar

Did you know we are now offering affordable monthly subscriptions for Macro Scheduler Standard?

PepsiHog
Automation Wizard

Post by PepsiHog » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:54 am

Yaw peoples are weird! The .exes have just moved on to a bigger and better place. Be happy for them.

PepsiHog
Windows 7

PepsiHog. Yep! I drink LOTS of Pepsi (still..in 2021) AND enjoy programming. (That's my little piece of heaven!)

The immensity of the scope of possibilities within Macro Scheduler pushes the user beyond just macros!